MealShake is a high-calorie product suitable in cases when an addition in calories is needed with limited amounts of protein
Main nutritional ingredients in MealShake:
Whey Protein (biological value 104) - Contains a large number of essential amino acids, including branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) that provide the muscle with available energy and are an important factor in the renewal of tissues. Whey protein contains a high concentration of cysteine and methionine which improve the function of the immune system by transforming into glutathione which is a natural antioxidant of the body. 1,2
Canola Oil - Contains a relatively large quantity of monounsaturated fat (omega 3) which assists in decreasing the cholesterol and the triglycerides in the blood, aids in lowering blood pressure, reduces oxidation of LDL cholesterol and thus helps to prevent atherosclerosis and heart diseases. 3,4
Fructose - A monosaccharide with an average glycemic index of 19. Blood glucose levels rise more moderately when foods contaning fructose are consumed, in comparison with sucrose or glucose. 5,6
• A serving of 4 measuring spoons of MealShake powder provides 440 Kcal and approx. 4 g of protein in MealShake
• Comes in a variety of flavors: vanilla, chocolate, coffee, strawberry, banana, neutral.
• The powder can be used to prepare an enriched milkshake or be combined into different foods (such as: porridge, cheese, pudding snack etc.).
• Marketed in 1 kg packages • Kosher Badatz • Milchig-Cholov Yisroel
1) For preparing an enriched milkshake: add 1 glass of milk (200 ml) to 4 measuring spoons of MealShake powder, blend well and serve.
2) As an addition to food: add 1-4 measuring spoons of MealShake powder (according to serving size) to a variety of foods, for instance: porridge, cheese, pudding snack, juice, fruit puree and more (see pictures and recipes).
MealShake can be served as an addition to a milchig meal or in-between meals.
1) Marshall K. Therapeutic applications of whey protein. Alter. Med, review. 2004; vol. 9; No. 2: 136-156.
2) Jay R., Hoffman & Michael J., Falvo. Protein - which is best? Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2004), Vol 3, 118-130.
3) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause's Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Nutrition Basics, p 54-55; Appendix 46. p 1245 Elsevier (USA).
4) Hu FB et al. Types of dietary fat and risk of coronary heart disease: a critical review. J Am Coll Nutr. 2001; vol. 20; No. 1: 5-19.
5) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause's Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Nutrition Basics; Appendix 54. p 1271 Elsevier (USA).
6) Commision regulation (EU) No 5536/2013, 11 june 2013, Amending regulation (EU) No 432/2012 establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods other than those referring to the regulation of disease risk and to children's development and health; Official Journal of the European Union.
Nutritional values in MealShake - vanilla flavored:
The product comes with a measuring spoon.
One measuring spoon contains approx. 22 g of powder which has:
approx. 110 Kcal and approx. 1 g of protein.
of which saturated fat (g)
Per 100 g of powder
4 measuring spoons
1 measuring spoon
Ingredients: Maltodextrin, refined canola oil, fructose, whey protein (contains lactose), thickening agent: modified starch, xanthan & guar gum, flavors.